Human hair contains keratin proteins and hydrogen bonds. If you use heat styling appliances, such as curling irons, flat irons, tongs or blow dryers, the hair is stripped of its natural oils and proteins by breaking down the hydrogen bonds. In fact, this breaking down of hydrogen bonds is the same reason your heat styling tools are able to give you the look you want. They change the shape of your hair to make it smooth, curly or sleek.
In this article we will compile a list of Disadvantages of Automatic Hair Curlers so that you can prevent your hair from getting excess damage.
- Use of these curlers reduces the length of your hair and also leads to excess damage of your hair. They weaken the scalp and also leads to split ends which can cause excess hair fall and further cause early baldness and hair loss.
- The effect of automatic curlers is very strong which leads to the tangling of hair which will again cause excess hair fall and will cause you many troubles such as you will face continued need of use of these curlers due to tangling of your hair.
- You will have to repeat the process again and again or use thicker strands of your hair which will cause more damage to not only the hair but also damage the upper layer of skin of your head.
- If you have long hair then the effect of the curler doesn’t last for a longer period and indirectly force you to use it again and again as it also gives an attractive appeal but also tangles your hair so much that if you stop using it it will give a bad appearance to your hair.
- Some loopholes such as line on sides and tops of hair are very noticeable which can only be reduced by flat irons and double your work plus it also consumes a lot of time sometimes.